Bevendean Community Summer Fayre was held on Farm Green on Saturday 13th July 2019. The Mayor of Brighton and Hove Councillor Alexandra Phillips attended the event.
Building St Andrews Church and Hall, plans and photographs from 1922 to 1958.
Bevendean during World War 2 and wartime Cooking Depots in Brighton.
What was Coldean like in 1939? A registration of the civilian population in England and Wales was taken in 1939.
Recollections of a Stanmer Farmer, Mr Albert West, whose family farmed at Stanmer from c1900.
The cross is restored to the roof of St Mary Magdalen Church at Coldean in December 2018.
Revd Martin Powell licensed as Priest in Charge of Moulsecoomb in December 2018.
Steve Hazell memories of Bevendean, he was born on 11 August 1951 in Hornby Road, Lower Bevendean.
Additional photographs have been added to the page of photographs of Moulsecoomb Place.
Bob Wakelin was born in West Street, Brighton, and moved to Bevendean in 1948, he lived at No. 7 Norwich Drive. Plus a comment from Geoff Lindfield added September 2018.
In January 1947 Brighton Council drew up plans to build 13 blocks of flats in Heath Hill Avenue. They were never built and the land was used for a row of self-build bungalows once the pre-fabs had been demolished.
The Recipes can be found in the Farm section and the Original Press Release is now at the bottom of the news page.
The section Bevendean in the 21st century will contain information on Bevendean from the year 2000.
Beyond Bevendean now contains information on the Parish of Falmer since Bevendean was in the Parish of Falmer until 1931. It also contains information on Moulsecoomb, Coldean and Stanmer can also be found in this section.
The Bevendean History Booklet was published in 2014
A copy of the booklet is available for a small donation from the LECCA Cafe in Leybourne Road, Lower Bevendean. http://leccacafe.co.uk
Alternatively you can use the contact form on the website.